When your Mailchimp connection is active, each time you import contacts in Mailchimp using Pirsonal’s integration, Mailchimp and Pirsonal look for a couple of things to make sure all is good with each contact.
Among other things, the systems look for duplicates, bounces, and unsubscribes, as well as incorrect data formats, fields, and syntax errors.
These issues can prevent some contacts from being added to your audience or list.
Was the Video Successfully Created?
Pirsonal will only send data to Mailchimp when the content you create has a “done” status. If you can’t find a contact in Mailchimp, double-check if the content was successfully created.
There are different ways to do this. Here are some easy ideas:
- Check your notifications section
- Check the video list for that template. You can do this for all the videos at an account level, or filter by template. To do filter by template, follow these steps: Templates > Action column > Videos
- Check the People section and use the Search feature to find your contact by first name, last name, or email.
If your personalized content is listed with a “queue” status, bear in mind that you still need to wait until the content is processed. Once it has been processed, the status will change to either “done” or “error”. If it is updated to “done”, then the contact will be added to Mailchimp.
Common Reasons Why Some Videos Are Not Created
When a video is not successfully created, you’ll usually find an error message attached to it. If the error message is not clear, please contact support and we’ll be happy to help you understand what’s going on.
Some of the common reasons why Pirsonal won’t make personalized video content for a given contact are the following:
- Wrong email syntax. For example, missing domain extension, or blank spaces will trigger an error.
- Processing or rendering issue. In this case, there is no issue with the email syntax but the system was not able to create a video because of an issue with a file, or in some cases issues wider issues.
If the personalized content was successfully created (“done” status), it’s time to double-check a few things on the Mailchimp side.
Wrong Audience Field Type
Pirsonal will only add contacts to your Mailchimp audience or list when you use the text audience field type for the merge tag. If you use any other audience field type for a given merge tag, the contact will not be added to the audience or list.
Empty Email Field
Double-check if the Email data field from Pirsonal had data in it when the personalized content was made. This field is required by Mailchimp. If the Email field was empty, then the contact was not added to Maichimp.