With Pirsonal’s personalized video software, you can use custom fonts in your videos.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use custom fonts to create on-brand personalized videos with Pirsonal when you have shared the font files with Pirsonal.
Things you should know first
- The current version of Pirsonal Editor doesn’t show a preview of the font in the video software’s player. This is because Pirsonal Editor is a browser-based video tool to create video templates. However, Pirsonal will render the personalized videos with the font you have specified even if this font is not used in the real-time preview.
- You can request custom fonts—Email email@example.com with your request, attaching the .ttf files, and licenses (if applicable). Once the fonts have been installed in our systems, you’ll be notified. In that notification, you’ll also see the exact font names you’ll need to use in Pirsonal Editor or Pirsonal Script.
Using Custom Fonts With Pirsonal Editor
If you have shared font files with Pirsonal and Pirsonal has installed these fonts in the video software, please follow these steps to start using the fonts in your templates and personalized videos:
- Open your template with Pirsonal Editor.
- Click on the “Source Code” view. This is Pirsonal Script. Our JSON-based tool for more advanced users to create programmable video templates.
- Find the ID of the text object you want to update with the new custom font. For example, a text object named “test” would look like this in the source code view:
- Once you have found the text object, find the “textFont” property within that object and update its value with the new custom font you want to use. For the value, use the text provided by Pirsonal when you requested the custom font. For example, “ToyotaDisplay”.
- To confirm the change, click on the green “play” button.
- Now, save your template. Remember that the change won’t be visually applied in Pirsonal Editor’s real-time preview but only when you rendered real personalized videos with Pirsonal.